Wednesday, March 3, 2010

All hail the queen, Judy Blume

I stumbled across something I never thought I would find.

Judy Blume has a blog!

Seriously, I found this link and just started to tear up. She is pretty much my childhood idol. Finding her blog was like watching those Visa Olympic commercials over and over, especially the Dan Jansen one. Not sure what I'm talking about?



This shit made me bawl everytime. Damn you Morgan Freeman and your amazing voice overs.

I'm so excited to read about Judy, even if she doesn't update it regularly. In fact, finding her blog has inspired me to pull out my worn copy of Just as Long as We're Together, by far my favorite Blume book.

3 comments:

nikki said...

I met Judy Blume at the National Book Festival! She was a fucking ROCK STAR!!!! You can probably go to loc.gov/bookfest and stream her speech. It was unbelievable how packed it was for her.

Also - got my copy of Tiger Eyes signed. And yes, I teared up after I met her.

Sadako said...

You're so lucky to have met her, Nikki. I wanted to at Book expo 07 but couldn't b/c you needed to get a ticket and we hadn't gotten up at the ass crack of dawn to get one. Long live Judy!

Jen said...

Nikki I've watched that stream and she totally WAS a rockstar. She's just one of those people who seems so nice, but I'd be afraid I'd just pass out if I could meet her. I feel faint just thinking about it!