Tuesday, March 30, 2010

I'm addicted...to celebrities attempting to foxtrot

Does anyone else watch the trainwreck known as Dancing With the Stars?

I have to admit, I can't stop watching. I have been addicted for for the last couple of years, and it's really the only competition/talent show I watch. I don't even mess with American Idol. So You Think You Can Dance? Whatever. America's Got Talent? Zzzzzz.

My big beef is that there's always some pop tart who has been dancing since she/he was five, who unfairly kicks ass (see past contestants: Joey Fatone, Drew Lachey, Scary Spice etc. Currently: Nicole, the Pussycat Doll). Then there's the gymnasts and ice skaters. I'm not saying they have a totally unfair advantage because ballroom dancing is difficult. But I'm more impressed by the non-dancers who learn how to perform and connect with an audience, to memorize routines and get their 8 counts.

I have to say I'm super pissed that Shannon Doherty got kicked off first tonight. I was totally team Brenda. So now I've only got one couple I'm really rooting for and that's Niecy Nash and Louis!



I fell in love with Louis last season when he danced with Kelly Osbourne. And how can you not love Niecy? She hosts Clean House, which was one of my favorite Style network shows when I had cable. She's always wearing an awesome flower in her hair (I'm hoping for a coordinated one for every DWTS dance). And tonight, when asked about one of her fellow dancers being voted off, she responded:

"It makes me sick to my stomach...and kind of hungry."

I LOVE HER.
If you watch the show, please vote for her, because not only is she shaking her "jiggly parts" and doing really well, she brings the funny.

1 comment:

Sadako said...

I've heard awesome things about Niecy and her jiggly bits. Haven't seen the show yet though!