Thursday, March 11, 2010

Spring suckas

I would like to preface this with an aplology to anyone who is still covered in snow. I am not trying to make you jealous. Well, I might be.

Spring has come to Seattle. The last month has been unbelievably gorgeous, with temps getting as high as the mid 60's, a lack of (major) rainfall, and everything has started to bloom. Don't believe me? I took these outside of my apartment this week:

Photobucket
PhotobucketPhotobucket

Gorgeous right?

I am feeling a bit guilty about enjoying all this fabulous weather because....I have had the last month and a half off. I didn't want to blog about it too much, because...it's well weird. The record store that I work at was moving. Our landlord didn't have our new building ready for us yet. So, we've been waiting. And getting paid. I know, I know...I would punch me right now too if I were you. It's weird because I have dreamed of having this kind of time off. And I have enjoyed it by reading way too many books (actually reading way too many YA books), diligently practicing my knit stich so that I can finally move on from just purling, spring cleaning the house (haven't gotten very far) and being lazy. Well, not just lazy. The weather has inspired the bf and I to go on hikes, and picnics and just nice long walks. I ate next to a river last week, and climbed (a tiny) part of a mountain a few weeks before that.

It's been awesome. And I go back to work Monday. Which I am actually so glad for, I'm truly looking forward to it. So here's to Spring...I hope everyone gets a chance to see it soon. (and for those wondering, it's pouring down rain today and windy, so there ya go)

3 comments:

nikki said...

Yay for spring! We're enjoying some fine weather here in the DC area also. I finally got my three year old to the park twice in the last few days!

Jen said...

I'm so glad you're getting to experience nice weather Nikki, especially since you guys were hit with such a hard storm this year!

I am a little jealous, we had ZERO snow this year. Not even a flurry. Normally Seattle gets at least one or two snow days, and last year *we* were the ones who were hit with a major storm. It was fun.

Sadako said...

Love spring! It's been a great week here, too bad for the rain, though.