Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Tweeting, twittering, whatevs

I don't really understand Twitter. And that's okay. I mean, I get the concept, I just don't see how everyday people can post anything *that* interesting twenty times a day. Telling all your followers that you went to the grocery story today just isn't that entertaining.

However, when celebrities tweet, most notably comedians...I will follow that.

My two favorites of the moment are:

The amazing and adorable Mindy Kaling:

Mindy Kaling On Twitter

For those not in the know, Mindy stars, writes and executive produces The US Office. She is amazing. Every Kelly scene has me peeing my pants. And her twitter is unbelievable. She brings the funny. I think I have a crush on her. Some hilarious tweets include:
"You know when all your best friends are in NYC without you having fun and you hope the Cloverfield monster strikes?"
"In the world where ratty underpants are valued, I am King."
"
I say, if you love something, set it in a small cage and pester and smother it with love until it either loves you back or dies."
"
If Prince William doesn't choose Kate Middleton I'm going to boycott England forever"
"
The temptation to end every script I write with the main character "waking up and it was all a dream" is so strong"


And the sly and handsome Aziz Ansari:

Aziz Ansari On Twitter

This dude is always the funniest thing in anything he does. Tiny bit parts (ala Funny People), and he totally steals the show. Currently on Parks & Rec with my other girl crush, Amy Poehler. His twitter is full of good band recommendations and funny shout outs to fellow comedians.

The best is when they twitter at each other. Hilarity ensues.

5 comments:

Sadako said...

I've never really gotten Twitter either. It's like...what's the point?

Jen said...

I'll read a blog over twitter any day. I can't take tiny little soundbites. (unless of course you are a hilariously funny comedian, and that's how you make your living)

andrea jean said...

Kelly is my favorite on The Office. So much better than Pam, although I do feel some solidarity with her as a former receptionist.

Twitter, I like it okay. I had to unfollow Courtney Love, though!

Jen said...

I LOVE Courtney but her ramblings are just too crazy for me. Maybe if she learned how to spell or would post blogs/twitters that were coherent. Oh well.

Green Stone said...

Thanks for sharing these! It really does seem that only comedians and politicians have interesting or useful Twitters. The rest really seem to be like over-invasive Facebook status updates.