Friday, May 7, 2010

A playlist for the ladies...and eyelash curler curiousity

Today, I tossed out the $3 eyelash curler I've had for six years, went down to Sephora and bought myself a REAL one. (AKA one that didn't come from the discount bin at Walgreens)

I truly had no idea the difference it would make. Seriously, this is what curled eyelashes look like? Ok, I get the hype. I bow down to you eyelash curler.

Also, I thought I would post a playlist on here, since I work in a record store and most of my apartment is overrun by vinyl and stacks of CD's. I don't seem to talk about music much on this blog, but perhaps that's because I'm surrounded by it for most of my day. The thrill of discovering stuff has sort of worn off. But here's a mix I made last winter.

Ladies to Knit Too
(I feel like it's a nice playlist any 'ol time, but especially when I'm sitting on my couch in the knitting zone)


01. El Perro Del Mar - Dog
02. Glass Candy - Computer Love
03. Electrelane - Saturday
04. Cibo Matto - Suger Water
05. The Breeders - Night of Joy
06. A Fine Frenzy - What I Wouldn't Do
07. BLOW - True Affection
08. Crystal Castles - Crimewave
09. Elastica - Car Song
10. All Girl Summer Fun Band - Parallel Park
11. Blonde Redhead - Equus
12. Bjork - Possibly Maybe
13. Emily Haines - Our Hell
14. Aislers Set - Hit the Snow
15. Camera Obscura - Eighties Fan
16. Holly Golightly - Tell Me Now So I Know
17. Azure Ray - Nothing Like A Song

6 comments:

andrea jean said...

For some reason, I seriously fear eyelash curlers. (And I wear contacts, so it's not as if I'm afraid of any foreign object near my eye.) You are a brave lady!

Also, great play-list. I love All Girl Summer Fun Band!

Alison said...

1. They make eyelash curlers that don't come in the Walgreens bargain bin? Huh. I lost mine about five years ago and have yet to replace it...

2. Your playlist makes me feel old and uncool. I've heard of five of the bands/singers on your playlist. Ouch.

Missed Periods said...

Congratulations on your new eyelash curler. I am going to have to follow your lead and toss my crappy Walgreens mascara and buy one that doesn't make my eyelashes look like spider webs- any suggestions?

nikki said...

I didn't know there was more than one type of eyelash curler. I've had mine for about ten years. I think it came right from Target.

Jen said...

Andrea - every time I bring it up to my face, my eyes start to water. Especially this new one. It sort of scares me.

Alison - don't worry, I am not that cool. I'll try to post my "cleaning" mix, which included Britney Spears, Lady Gaga and other even more embarrassing tracks. (I'm talking about you Ke$ha)

Missed Periods - let me preface this by saying I freaking love your screen name. A lot. And secondly, I would recommend the sephora brand eyelash curler. There's more expensive ones out there, but I can't deal with paying $25 for a curler. I think mine was $15, and even then, that seemed spendy. But they last forever, so I justified my purchase with that thought.

Nikki - I love Target. That is all. I just really love Target. A lot.

Sadako said...

I've never used an eyelash curler but I really should...mental note next time I'm at Sephora.

Great playlist.