Wednesday, April 28, 2010

lady boner for Glee

I seem to go through phases of being totally obsessed with a current TV show, and right now I am really into Glee. If you didn't catch the amazing Madonna episode last week, I highly suggest going to Hulu or downloading the ep off iTunes. My current favorite character (besides Jesse St. James, but that's just because Jonathan Groff makes my vagina quiver), is Brittany, played by Heather Morris.

She of little words, but who probably brings the funny more than even Sue Sylvester, and that's saying something. Classics include:
"Did you know that dolphins are just gay sharks?"
"When I pulled my hamstring, I went to the masogynist"
"um.a male duck." (when asked if she knew what a ballad was)

I seriously love her. And, I just realized that she's one of Beyonce's main backup dancers for the last tour! My brain exploded with pop culture goodness. Here she is at the Grammy's:


So fierce, it hurts. Does anyone else enjoy Glee as much as I do?

9 comments:

Alison said...

Brittany is amazing.
"I think my cat's reading my diary."

Dr. Zakir Ali Rajnish said...

Nice Blog. Congrats.
--------
Blogging in AMU.
Last Caveman of World.

Sadako said...

Haven't seen "Glee" but I do love the term "lady boner." Way classier than "wettie" as made popular by Jennifer's Body, no?

Amber said...

I love Brittany. And I know for a fact that my cat reads my journal/blog.

I got my boyfriend hooked on this show.

andrea jean said...

I love Glee, too, and Brittany has definitely become one of my faves. She has the best lines.

I do have to say, though, I thought the last episode (one after Madonna) was *kinda* boring.

Jen said...

Alison- I loved that line too. I don't know where they come up with the stuff she says.

Sadako-you should totally watch! Unless you hate musical theater. Then it will drive you crazy. And I detest the word wettie. It's almost as bad as moist, which might be my least favorite word in the entire english language.

Amber-My bf sat down and watched it with me this week and I'm still not sure what he thinks of it. I'm determined to get him hooked.

Andrea-this week was pretty boring, and a bit too after school special for me. Although I feel like whatever they did after the Madonna episode was going to be a let down. Next week's "glist" ep looks really funny, especially when Emma calls Will a slut.

nikki said...

Loved the first 13 of Glee but am SOOO disappointed by the last three eps. Even the Madonna episode couldn't be saved by the amazing Express Yourself. Still, I always wait to hear what will come out of Brittany's mouth. Her delivery is fantastic.

Jen said...

Nikki, I haven't been totally thrilled with Glee since it's return, but I definitely still like it. I truly think Jonathan Groff is saving it for me right now, but that's also because I am a huge Spring Awakening fan.

Anonymous said...

I loved when Kurt described Brittany as "a girl who thinks the square root of 4 is rainbows." That pretty much sums it up.