Monday, November 16, 2009

MIDTERMS...

I have a midterm today.

A MIDTERM!!

I haven't taken a midterm in 10 years. I'm a little nervous. It's open note, and I have been excessively organized with them (binder, with different lectures divided by topic with terms highlighted), so it's time to chill out. I don't think I could be any more prepared. I just need to take the damn test and relax.

Oh wait, I have my first ESSAY due Wednesday, which I have been dreading. Seriously, I haven't even started it yet. It's Monday. I know, I know.

Instead of doing my essay, I have been obsessively working my way through the old 80's Degrassi series. When I lived in Olympia, I had a friend from Canada whose mom paid for her insane cable bill just so she could get the 'N' network and watch the new Degrassi. All I really remember from those days is giggling every time anyone said "sorry", in their cute Canadian accent.

So, thanks to Netflix, I decided to get into the original series from the 80's. And OH MY GOD, it's a total doozy. So out of control, cheesy and awesome. I never really caught it on PBS when they re-aired them in the US while I was a kid, so this a totally new treat for me.

It's sad that my favorite characters were pretty much written out of the show after the first season. Meet Stephanie Kaye and Voula.


The episode continues with Stephanie giving kisses (on the cheek, how chaste) to boys in order to win votes for class president. And poor Voula. She's so adorably clueless!

LOVES IT. The amount of skin shown/makeup worn by Steph is insane. All her best scenes are in the bathroom, undressing or caking more on.

In between Lifetime movies and How I Met Your Mother season 4, I'm getting back into the Next Generation Degrassi on Netflix. Expect more videos and comments from moi.

No comments: