Thursday, May 5, 2011

New Post: ABC Movie rolecall

Hello blogosphere. I'm not dead. Although winter quarter of college definitely tried to murder me, I managed to survive. I thought this blog was a goner; however, inspired by some fellow bloggers, I've decided to post my ABCs of favorite movies.
(this is what one does when one has the day off and is fighting off a cold, but still has to go to school tonight and is trying to summon up the strength. Also googling pictures makes me feel better.)
Here we go. The movies that I could watch a billion times over and over. Note that these are not picked based on merit, just truly movies that I love, love, love.

A:
Anne of Green Gables
(I know this was a TV movie, and I debated whether to include Annie or Adventures in Babysitting instead, but I'm sorry. Anne with an E gets me every time)


B

The Breakfast Club


C
The Craft
(C was a toughie. There's Clueless, Can't Buy Me Love, The Cutting Edge, Camp Nowhere, but teen witches always win in my book)



D
Don't Tell Mom the Babysitter's Dead



E

Encino Man


F
The Faculty
(Truly one of my favorite 90s horror/sci fi films. Underrated I think)


G
Goonies
"Goonies never say die!"


H
Heathers
(I love me some Home Alone & Hocus Pocus but neither could TRULY compete with Heathers)


I
It's the Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown


J
Jawbreaker


K
The Karate Kid


L
A League of Their Own


Ok, that's all for now folks. Is it obvious that I f'ing adore 80s & 90s movies? Am I living in a perpetual state of childlike nostalgia? Do you think I'll actually manage to do M-Z? Keep those fingers crossed!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Anne with an E was on House this week. No red hair, unfortunately.

I have watched Camp Nowhere a million times. In another life, I married Jonathan Jackson and we lived happily ever after.

andrea jean said...

Welcome back! I like this idea. Maybe I will do the same thing to give my own blog a bump.

Also, I love The Faculty. So 90s!